Eclipse Schedule and Activities
We will be dismissing students at 4:00 on Monday, August 21st due to the eclipse. For more information on our eclipse schedule and activities, please see the letter below.
Brighten Academy is looking for substitute teachers! Applicants must be 18 years old and have a high school diploma. Fingerprints are also required, as well as attendance at a training class. If you or someone you know is interested, please email Connie Arnold at email@example.com for details.
Please make sure that you have registered with the following parent portals:
- Track-It-Forward -- ALL families must RE-REGISTER. Note that the information is sorted by LAST name. Please reference this document for assistance.
- My School Bucks -- ALL families must register, but your login from last year will be the same. If you need to Sign Up as a new user, be sure to select Brighten Academy as the DISTRICT.
- SLA School Meal Accounts -- ALL families must register, but your login from last year will be the same. New students have not yet been entered into their system; please check back on Aug 4.
- Email Distribution List -- make sure you're getting our 2017-18 emails
- PTO Membership -- Electronic registration coming soon; membership costs $5 per parent.
- Remind - more information coming soon!
- Application for Free/Reduced Lunch -- optional; complete one form per FAMILY; a new form is required at the beginning of EACH school year
Please review the following supply lists for each grade level. Please note that agendas should be purchased through the school. Also, please review the Specials supply lists and make sure that your child is prepared with any materials needed for Specials.
Don't forget to log your Open House visit as volunteer credits! A family earns 1 hour of credit for attending Open House. If you visited all four areas on the Scavenger Hunt (classroom, cafeteria, gym & atrium), you earn an additional 2 hours (1/2 credit per area). Make sure that you turned in your signed Scavenger Hunt to the front office so that they can verify your participation. Thank you for attending!