If you haven't already please join our Brighten Remind group by texting
@brightena to 81010
School event updates, weather issues, and extracurricular announcements will be sent regularly through Remind.
Please make sure that you have registered with the following parent portals:
- Track-It-Forward -- Returning BACS families need to login with their same email address to reactivate their account. New families will need to setup accounts with this Volunteer Tracking site. Please see Mrs Scherer in the front office for assistance.
- My School Bucks -- ALL families must register, but your login from last year will be the same. If you need to Sign Up as a new user, be sure to select Brighten Academy as the DISTRICT.
- SLA School Meal Accounts -- ALL families must register, but your login from last year will be the same. New students may not yet be entered into their system; check back on Aug 7.
- PTO Membership -- Electronic registration now available! Membership costs $5 per parent and can be paid through their portal.
- Remind – Directions vary, depending on preferred method of receiving notifications. Please see your teacher(s) for details.
- Application for Free/Reduced Lunch -- optional; complete one form per FAMILY. A new form is required at the beginning of EACH school year. BACS does not participate in electronic applications, and we do not share information with the Douglas County School System. Please bring a signed, printed application to Open House; we will have paper copies available too!
- After School Program -- Please complete the registration form if your child(ren) will need ASP at any point during the school year. On the application, you can note if your child(ren) will attend every day, early-release days only, or just in case. Please pay the $10 registration fee on MySchoolBucks before August 16. The first week of school will be prorated at $40 for those three days, with regular charges beginning Aug 12. Once your registration form is complete, you can email it to ASP@brightenacademy.com, or bring it to the school. There will be copies available at Open House.